Health and Safety Policy
Ram & Sons Ltd recognises the obligations under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act1974. This policy Statement and the health and safety documentation detailing the means of implementing the policy are in respect of Ram & Sons Ltd and its operating business.
Ram & Sons Ltd has a ethical and legal obligation to safeguard, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of their employees and anyone who may be affected by the actions of the Company, its employees, or as a result of Ram & Sons Ltd activities.
Ram & Sons Ltd fully accepts their obligations and responsibilities, which will be achieved by:
• Meeting its responsibilities as an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents, injuries and damage to health.
• Providing and maintaining safe working environments that are without risks to health, safety and welfare.
• Ensuring all employees play an active part in the health and safety of the Company by consulting with them and providing them with adequate information, instruction, training and supervision for them to recognise their role within the Company.
• Setting high standards that comply with the relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and welfare with regard to the effect on employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
• Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards connected with work activities, processes and working systems.
• Ensuring that hazardous areas are kept secure from the public, employees or tenants, or contractors not required to enter them.
• Ensuring that when new substances, plant, machinery, equipment, processes or premises are introduced, adequate guidance, instruction, training and supervision are provided for safe methods of work to be developed.
• Ensuring that all plant and equipment is maintained in a safe condition and is subject to routine and statutory inspections and examinations.
• Ensuring that contractors undertaking work for the Company are informed of the relevant standards required and are monitored to ensure compliance without detracting from the contractors’ legal responsibilities to comply with statutory requirements.
• Provide adequate resources to comply with statutory requirements with regards to the health, safety and welfare of all those affected by its activities.
• To ensure all contractors whom Ram & Sons Ltd supply Labour to are accredited by an recognised Health and Safety body to ensure health and safety is being actively monitored for the safety of their labour
Employees are required to cooperate with the Company not only to ensure their personal safety, but also to ensure they are not prosecuted for breach of legislation or have disciplinary action taken against them by the
Company for breach of Company rules. The Company will communicate the Health and Safety Policy to all employees.
This policy will be reviewed annually and updated as required to conform to current legislation.
This Policy, supported by Instructions, Procedures and Organisational Arrangements, is to be applied to all activities carried out by the Company.
All Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Foremen will enforce this Policy. The Director, Mr Aman Jassal (IOSH) is personally responsible for the health and safety performance of the company and signs this policy statement in acknowledgement of this.